Chapter 4: Signs You Need to Upgrade Your Apparel Software
If you already have apparel software or even an apparel ERP system in place, that’s great. However, it’s important to understand the way ERP systems change over time.
Is it time for you to upgrade your ERP system?
Textile Manufacturing Inventory Software Is Constantly Changing
Does your business look the same as it did 10 years ago? What about three years ago? Probably not.
The average lifespan of an ERP system is seven to 10 years. While upgrades may become available, at some point, implementing changes will become less cost-effective than replacing the system altogether.
If you’re wondering if it’s time for something new, you’re not alone. On average, 25% of companies are looking to invest in new ERP systems, but it’s possible more than that should be looking at options.
Technology is changing. Doing “what has always worked” doesn’t push a business to the front of the competition. Adapting to industry changes and staying ahead of trends is the better solution.
Signs It’s Time to Upgrade Your Textiles Manufacturing ERP Solutions
Typical signs that it’s time for a new ERP system or upgrade include:
- The system in use doesn’t integrate with other programs.
- Your current system no longer has new patches and upgrades available. This can affect performance and can be a security risk. It also indicates that the system has reached EOL, or its End of Life.
- Your business has outgrown the features available on your current system, which affects your ability to service your customers and compete for new business.
- You’re entering the same data into multiple systems, which is costly, time-consuming and error-prone. It also stops you from accessing real-time information.
- Your company has a remote location with mobile users who aren’t able to access your software in real-time, leading to delays.
If the above scenarios sound familiar, it may be time to upgrade or replace your existing ERP system.